Let's talk about cardboard Christmas houses and accessories

Visit our Contributors' Pages:
Visit Family Christmas Online Visit Howard Lamey's own web page, LittleGlitterHouses.com Click to Sign Up for Maria Cudequest's Collectibles Blog
Visit Family Christmas Online Click to visit Papa Ted's Place - the ultimate cardboard Christmas house resource. Click to return to the Old Christmas Tree Lights Table of Contents Page

Note: To ask a question, sign up for our "Christmas Times" newsletter, or learn how
to apply for membership to this forum, please visit our Contact page.

Note: All content on this forum is Copyright (c) 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 by Paul D. Race
and by the posters who have contributed specific content. All material is for your personal use only. No content
or plans may be republished or sold, nor may any plans be used to make products to sell without prior written
permission from Paul D. Race and the individual who contributed the content or plan in question.
For permissions or questions about this policy, please contact us using our Contact page.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:35 am 

Outstanding!!! Now, Brian, that pic of all of them together!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:54 am 

So true Paul, but man what a cool place. Long Beach WA is a cool beach town too. They have the old tilt a whirl, shooting gallery, and bumper cars. It's also home of the Aligator Man. He was really cool.

Les, Thank you so much!! I'm gathering a little more info on the Church from the set, then when its done, Im going to dig out some of my village stuff and make up a scene with them to photo. Shouldn't be much longer. :)

I have a few very gracious people sending me info on the Church, as I'm unaware of what the sides look like. I have had a fun time collecting different pics from friends and around the net of each of the houses to compare all the different versions. If anybody else has a photo of the sides of the Church from this set it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!
-Brian

Attachments:
Church template 2.jpg
Church template 2.jpg [ 387.29 KiB | Viewed 12003 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:40 pm 

time to check the attic.... not sure if I have this or not

barb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:01 pm 

Awesome!! Thanks Barb! Any info or pics would be great if you have it! I just got an email from Pete a little bit ago and he sent me some great photos of one he has. Thank you so much everybody, I really really appreciate all the help! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:51 pm 

Good afternoon,

Well, I finished the building on the last of "The Fair Set". Im going out to shoot it with primer this afternoon. It has been fun to finish out the set with the Church. The main building is almost identical to that of the Barn house in the set, main difference was the Steeple which was fun to put together. So many variations on this one, but thanks to Pete Oehmen who supplied me with photos of the sides, I was able to crank out the building last night with some accuracy. Even though I already finished the building, if anybody else has any photos of the original Church, I would still love to see them.
Thanks
-Brian

Attachments:
Church 1.jpg
Church 1.jpg [ 185.5 KiB | Viewed 11981 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

Lookin' good, Brian!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:37 pm 

Good afternoon!
Got a bunch more progress done. I have a couple pics, one of the Church in primer. Im actually further along than the pic, I have the main house covered in coco and Im about ready to paint the base.
Im super excited to almost have this set done!!
The second pic is of the marker tip Maria passed along. I was going to wait till this set was done to try it, mainly because I was worried it wouldn't have the same look as the other 2 houses with the same fence I tinted with water colors. However I found myself next to a Micheals and picked up a couple of Sharpies and figured what the heck. The color of the Sharpie is almost identical to the watercolors. THANK YOU so much Maria, it worked awesome and is going to say me a ton of drying time. I had to do 2 coats front and back with the watercolors.
Im getting my sewning machine back out tonight to sew up the fence.
Well...lunch break is over...back to work...

Attachments:
Church 2.jpg
Church 2.jpg [ 146.58 KiB | Viewed 11961 times ]
Church 3.jpg
Church 3.jpg [ 65.76 KiB | Viewed 11961 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

Brian, the Raffia you were using must be the kind we get around here - it's almost like plastic and doesn't take stain well at all. Which is why you had to drench it with watercolors twice. Sounds like the markers are the way to go. But I but you still had green fingertips when you were done, right?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:24 am 

Regarding raffia...I seem to remember seeing "green" raffia at my local hobby lobby...pretty sure it was the real thing...not that synthetic stuff...I'll chech the next time I go...Howard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:48 am 

Good morning!!!

Paul, my fingers we're most definitely green. :) Between the loofa trees and the fences, I may as well see if they are planning on bringing back the series "V" again. Or maybe a remake of the "Creature from the Black Lagoon" I could easily play some sort of alien or at least do some alien hand modeling.

Howard, I think it would be advantagous to buy it already dyed for sure. I think I have seen it that way before too. I do like how shiny it is after you color with a marker or tint it with the watercolors though. I notice the originals, if they are still in fairly decent shape have a bit of a sheen to them.

Well...I'm finsihed!!! :) Got the "Fair Set" all done!!! The base on this Church is my favorite out of the all the ones in the set I've done. I mixed a really neat teal color and mixed three different colors of coconut together. It is really striking in person.

I am going to get out my village stuff tonight and photograph them all together in a scene and will try to post it tomorrow.

Thanks, hope everybody has an awesome day!!!
-Brian

Attachments:
Church 4.jpg
Church 4.jpg [ 201.67 KiB | Viewed 11945 times ]
Church 5.jpg
Church 5.jpg [ 128.79 KiB | Viewed 11945 times ]
Church 6.jpg
Church 6.jpg [ 122.85 KiB | Viewed 11945 times ]
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next