Let's talk about cardboard Christmas houses and accessories

Visit our Contributors' Pages:
Visit Family Christmas Online Visit Howard Lamey's own web page, LittleGlitterHouses.com Click to Sign Up for Maria Cudequest's Collectibles Blog
Visit Family Christmas Online Click to visit Papa Ted's Place - the ultimate cardboard Christmas house resource. Click to return to the Old Christmas Tree Lights Table of Contents Page

Note: To ask a question, sign up for our "Christmas Times" newsletter, or learn how
to apply for membership to this forum, please visit our Contact page.

Note: All content on this forum is Copyright (c) 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 by Paul D. Race
and by the posters who have contributed specific content. All material is for your personal use only. No content
or plans may be republished or sold, nor may any plans be used to make products to sell without prior written
permission from Paul D. Race and the individual who contributed the content or plan in question.
For permissions or questions about this policy, please contact us using our Contact page.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Loralye House
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:09 am 

Good Evening!

Just got done gluing together a new house. This one is for my daughter, and that is why it is called The Loralye House. :D
She's been asking me to make her a house to her specifications for a while now, and I finally broke down. She came up with them by looking at all the houses I have sitting on my desk and picking her favorite parts. These were her requirements:
2 chimneys
2 doors
a balcony
a cat
Santa
The base has to be pink and green
and the house has to be pink and purple.
She also more recently wanted a tree in a flower pot because she liked the Grain Elevator house I just finished.

I think I came up with a design that will accommodate for everything. You may recognize many elements of this house. The main body is a mix between the Apartment building from "The Fair" set and the 2 Story Mansion house and a little improve. The fence is a style I have never done before, but I borrowed it's design from the Big Pink house that was a HOM on Papa Ted's site.
This is one of my biggest houses to date, and by far the biggest base I have made at 10 1/2 inches wide.
-Brian

Attachments:
Loralye House 1.jpg
Loralye House 1.jpg [ 208.5 KiB | Viewed 15791 times ]
 Post subject: Re: The Loralye House
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:19 am 

That's cool. Pretty neat duplex.

You can live in one side and rent out the other :-)

Nice gift for the daughter.

Can't wait to see the cat figure.

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:11 am 

It looks like a fairytale palace! She is going to love it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:28 am 

The stairs and fences are cool too!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:39 am 

Magical, Brian!!!! Lucky little lady your daughter...just beware...one day she may want a playhouse like that built by Daddy!!!! LOL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:30 pm 

This is great you are doing this for your daughter. Think of the memories you are creating for her! Love it! TKH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:08 pm 

THANK YOU THANK YOU! Everybody!!! :D

I have a quick sketch I did before I started that she helped me color in and signed and will scan it and show it when I have the house done. Not my best artwork, but she did a pretty good job of staying in the lines.

Without paint on it, I keep thinking it looks like Wayne Manor and I keep waiting for Batman to pop out. With the double chimneys the roof line kinda looks like a big "W" :)

Steve, the cat is a copy of one that Tom made for me, and it's really cool! Tom cast it off his original for another house that I actually gave to my daughter for Christmas this year. I painted it white, but I still need to paint it with my airbrush. I just picked up some airbrush cleaner that I was out of, so Im going to paint up a few while I have it out. When I was experimenting with molds, I made a triple mold with the Padre, Santa, and Cat to make some more. One of the really neat things is that the cat has the word JAPAN stamped going down the back, and it transfered really well from the one Tom sent me to my casting.

les, thats so funny, she already asked for a playhouse and I built one, but it is more like a lean-to shed up against my part of my fence. My yard is really small, so I think I'm going to luck out of having to do a giant one! :)

Thank you again for all the comments! I love making memories, Im going to have her help paint a few spots on it too, probably the wide areas like the base.
Hope everybody is having a great morning!
-Brian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:12 pm 

Brian, this really is a princess's castle, may be some pretty pink curtains!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:53 am 

Lynn, Thank you!! I have plans for all kinds of pink on this house. :)
Funny note about me and the color pink. I don't dislike the color, but I'm not the biggest fan, a little goes a long way for me. Before Loralye was born, I purposely painted her nursery a light green, and mentioned to our folks and close friends to refrain from buying the typical pink everything for girls. I purposely avoided the Pink Barbie aisle when we went to the toy stores. It totally backfired on me because now her favorite color is pink...ahhhhhhhh! :shock: :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:14 pm 

And now with Loralye it is your new favorite color!!