Let's talk about cardboard Christmas houses and accessories

Visit our Contributors' Pages:
Visit Family Christmas Online Visit Howard Lamey's own web page, LittleGlitterHouses.com Click to Sign Up for Maria Cudequest's Collectibles Blog
Visit Family Christmas Online Click to visit Papa Ted's Place - the ultimate cardboard Christmas house resource. Click to return to the Old Christmas Tree Lights Table of Contents Page

Note: To ask a question, sign up for our "Christmas Times" newsletter, or learn how
to apply for membership to this forum, please visit our Contact page.

Note: All content on this forum is Copyright (c) 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 by Paul D. Race
and by the posters who have contributed specific content. All material is for your personal use only. No content
or plans may be republished or sold, nor may any plans be used to make products to sell without prior written
permission from Paul D. Race and the individual who contributed the content or plan in question.
For permissions or questions about this policy, please contact us using our Contact page.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:47 pm 

I have a first Generation Cricut Explore. I have used cereal boxes with My Cricut, Probably a little lighter than .022 chipboard. There is a deep cut blade for the Explore, but I find that using the a premium fine point blade works best. I use a custom chipboard setting and change the pressure to more or increase the number of passes to 3. If I get a little fraying, I use an emery board to gently sand the edges. But I have not had that much fraying with cereal boxes. SVG files do work best, but I have found that I can convert a PDF to a PNG with an old-full feature version of Adobe acrobat. Cricut will cut a PNG. You just have to spend a little extra time on clean up. Zoom way in and make sure you get all the specs and lines that should not be there. That being said, house one was not that easy, to import. There is a tiny section on the bottom left corner of the house base where the lines did not meet. That resulted in an incorrect cutting shape. In fact it was not a shape, just cut lines. Actually there were a couple of windows that needed lines corrected too. So I found it easier to fix the image in Photoshop elements. Then save again as a png. When you import to Cricut, save as a PRINT AND CUT in order to see the score lines. If you want the cricut to score the lines, you will have to layer those on manually. Then after you "attach" the score lines you can change the image to just a CUT file

I do have a request from Howard or any one else creating pdf/jpg/png... Instead of a line showing inch size, can we have a square? That would help with sizing in the Cricut software. Thanks and
Good Luck Debbie W In Illinois

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:29 am 

update...4-26-2019...

first...here is house number 7 in the series of 12 ten cent city houses...see the photo and the PDF below...i'll post a picture of the completed house shortly...

second...looks like i'll be adding more houses to the series of 12 that i originally planned...perhaps 4 more...stay tuned... :D

my very best regards...

howard...

attention: Deb...i added the 1-inch square to the pattern sheet...see the REVISED pattern sheet below...howard

Attachments:
File comment: this pattern sheet has the 1-inch square added at the request of Deb
ten cent city house 7 REVISED see topic copy.pdf [19.07 KiB]
Downloaded 893 times
ten cent city house 7 raw cardboard.JPG
ten cent city house 7 raw cardboard.JPG [ 169.91 KiB | Viewed 15139 times ]

Last edited by Howard on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:54 am 

update...4-30-2019...

here is the completed July house...it's number 7 in the series...i'll let the photo tell the story...

i will be posting the next house in the series in a week or so...

Howard...

Attachments:
ten cent city house 7 july.JPG
ten cent city house 7 july.JPG [ 146.27 KiB | Viewed 15091 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:49 pm 

update...5-6-2019...

here is house number eight in the series...it's shown in raw cardboard in the photo below...you can download the free pattern in the PDF file...i'll post a picture of the completed house in a week or so...

my very best regards...

howard...

Attachments:
ten cent city house 8.JPG
ten cent city house 8.JPG [ 161.41 KiB | Viewed 15017 times ]
ten cent city house eight pattern.pdf [21.42 KiB]
Downloaded 871 times

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:21 pm 

A little late into May. But here's my May house.

Attachment:
may 10 cent.jpg
may 10 cent.jpg [ 212.31 KiB | Viewed 14944 times ]

And here's January to May all in a row.

Attachment:
jan - may 10 cent.jpg
jan - may 10 cent.jpg [ 104.14 KiB | Viewed 14944 times ]

Now to get a head start on June.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:23 am 

update...5-12-2019...

greetings to all...

here is the completed house number 8, (August), in the series...i'll be posting house number 9, (September), in a week or so...

guess i should think about posting a "Family Portrait" of the completed house so far like PutzinVT, (Steve), has done... :D

my very best regards to all...

howard...

Attachments:
ten cent city house 8 august.JPG
ten cent city house 8 august.JPG [ 150.13 KiB | Viewed 14928 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:47 pm 

I love the color!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:51 pm 

The colors on Howard's and Steve's houses are wonderful. What great little houses!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:35 am 

update...5/16/2019...

greetings to all...

here is house number 9 in the series...see the PDF pattern and photo of house in raw cardboard with an initial coat of primer...i'll post updates as usual...

my very best regards...

howard...

Attachments:
ten cent city house 9.JPG
ten cent city house 9.JPG [ 158.82 KiB | Viewed 14845 times ]
ten cent city house nine pattern.pdf [16.17 KiB]
Downloaded 852 times

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:47 am 

update...5/24/2019...

here is the completed house/church...it's number 9 in the series...i know the gray looks a little drab by itself...but it's a nice color contrast to the other houses in the series...and...i still need to post a "family portrait" of the completed houses so far...

working on the next house right now...hope to post a picture and pattern next week...

my very best regards...

howard...

Attachments:
ten cent city house 9 september.JPG
ten cent city house 9 september.JPG [ 143.49 KiB | Viewed 14745 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next