Let's talk about cardboard Christmas houses and accessories

Visit our Contributors' Pages:
Visit Family Christmas Online Visit Howard Lamey's own web page, LittleGlitterHouses.com Click to Sign Up for Maria Cudequest's Collectibles Blog
Visit Family Christmas Online Click to visit Papa Ted's Place - the ultimate cardboard Christmas house resource. Click to return to the Old Christmas Tree Lights Table of Contents Page

Note: To ask a question, sign up for our "Christmas Times" newsletter, or learn how
to apply for membership to this forum, please visit our Contact page.

Note: All content on this forum is Copyright (c) 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 by Paul D. Race
and by the posters who have contributed specific content. All material is for your personal use only. No content
or plans may be republished or sold, nor may any plans be used to make products to sell without prior written
permission from Paul D. Race and the individual who contributed the content or plan in question.
For permissions or questions about this policy, please contact us using our Contact page.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:59 pm 

update...11-25-2018...

this project is finished...but it looks a little drab on a blue background...but it's actually quite colorful in the proper setting...

and my 10+ year old digital camera seems to be a little confused and won't focus like it used to...

my very best regards...

howard...

Attachments:
train station pof size finished 003-001.JPG
train station pof size finished 003-001.JPG [ 223.92 KiB | Viewed 14171 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:56 pm 

update...11-25-2018...

i added this iphone photo of the finished station...this new photo shows the finished station more closely to what the colors actually are...

Merry Christmas to all...

Howard...

Attachments:
train station iphone photo.JPG
train station iphone photo.JPG [ 286 KiB | Viewed 14169 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:02 pm 

Another masterpiece.

Are the windows hand made.

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:43 am 

Nice Howard! Really love the colors. I have been working on my own train station, but haven't even finished the design yet. Lots of inspiration here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:47 am 

PutzinVT wrote:
Another masterpiece.

Are the windows hand made?

Steve

Yes, Steve, the windows are homemade...hand cut card stock mullions painted with my favorite "emperor's gold" paint...red acetate window panes...
Howard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:53 am 

Love love love the clocks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:47 am 

Howard love the train station, the colors are perfect and the clock is a great addition

Is the background a store display? :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:45 pm 

Well, this is certainly a long thread - and so interesting. Thanks for all your posting Howard; that is quite a happy village you have there - a nice accomplishment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:36 am 

Greetings to all...

The three houses pictured below were built using the free patterns that Lucy posted on her topic and her blog about the 12 Houses of Christmas...go here for all the details..

https://www.cardboardchristmas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1636

i did make a few small cosmetic changes so they would fit on the 3" x 4 1/2" x 3/4" Pack-O-Fun house size base...

Merry Christmas...

Howard...

Attachments:
Lucys pattern 1 Howards POF size vesion.jpg
Lucys pattern 1 Howards POF size vesion.jpg [ 375.07 KiB | Viewed 14018 times ]
Lucys pattrn 9 Howards PIOF size version slightly modified roof line.JPG
Lucys pattrn 9 Howards PIOF size version slightly modified roof line.JPG [ 236.57 KiB | Viewed 14018 times ]
Lucys pattern 12 Howards POF size version.jpg
Lucys pattern 12 Howards POF size version.jpg [ 335.09 KiB | Viewed 14018 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:35 pm 

update...8-13-2020...

it has been quite a while since i built a little house to add to this series...way too long...so here goes a new one...

and yes...it is very, very similar to the first house on page 1 of this series...but it's not an exact copy...

this new one was inspired by one i believe i found on pinterest...see the small photo...i did "flip" the design...

my version in raw cardboard and ready for primer is pictured below...the pattern is in the free PDF right below it...

i'll be posting a picture of the completed house in a week or so...

my very best regards...

howard...

Attachments:
classic slant roof cottage off pinterest POF size little glitter house.JPG
classic slant roof cottage off pinterest POF size little glitter house.JPG [ 65.31 KiB | Viewed 10614 times ]
classic slant roof cottage raw cardboard (2).jpg
classic slant roof cottage raw cardboard (2).jpg [ 114.72 KiB | Viewed 10618 times ]
slant roof cottage classic design.pdf [20.9 KiB]
Downloaded 649 times

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next