Let's talk about cardboard Christmas houses and accessories

Visit our Contributors' Pages:
Visit Family Christmas Online Visit Howard Lamey's own web page, LittleGlitterHouses.com Click to Sign Up for Maria Cudequest's Collectibles Blog
Visit Family Christmas Online Click to visit Papa Ted's Place - the ultimate cardboard Christmas house resource. Click to return to the Old Christmas Tree Lights Table of Contents Page

Note: To ask a question, sign up for our "Christmas Times" newsletter, or learn how
to apply for membership to this forum, please visit our Contact page.

Note: All content on this forum is Copyright (c) 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 by Paul D. Race
and by the posters who have contributed specific content. All material is for your personal use only. No content
or plans may be republished or sold, nor may any plans be used to make products to sell without prior written
permission from Paul D. Race and the individual who contributed the content or plan in question.
For permissions or questions about this policy, please contact us using our Contact page.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:28 pm 

good afternoon...

this house has more details than many of the pieces i've made lately...and may be considered more of a toy train scenery piece...

base measures 5" x 7" x 3/4" thick...overall height, including base, will be about 6 1/4"...will have lightly textured sand finish with blushes of mica and glitter snow...not sure about the finished colors yet...there will be a "green pot scrubber hedge" in place of a fence...

the main reason the roofs are not glued on yet?...it's just be easier to paint and finish...then do final assembly...

my very best regards...howard...

Attachments:
stone-house-base.JPG
stone-house-base.JPG [ 182.15 KiB | Viewed 25245 times ]
stone-house-parts.JPG
stone-house-parts.JPG [ 177.87 KiB | Viewed 25245 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:56 am 
Site Admin

Very nice, Howard. Can't wait to see the next step.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:04 pm 

greetings to all...

finished the project this morning...but still have to do a little minor touch up with mica flakes, glitter and "snow-tex" in a couple of places...

yes...that is RED you see around the underside of the roofs...i borrowed the color scheme from a british hornby model train house...but the image is copyrighted...so i can't post...

note...i've been experimenting with a new window material...i hope to publish what i found on the forum later this week...

my very best regards...howard...

Attachments:
File comment: illuminated view
proper-english-country-house-finished 005-002.JPG
proper-english-country-house-finished 005-002.JPG [ 217.17 KiB | Viewed 25171 times ]
File comment: non-illuminated
proper-english-country-house-finished 003-002.JPG
proper-english-country-house-finished 003-002.JPG [ 204.82 KiB | Viewed 25171 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

Love the gray stucco effect!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:12 pm 

I love the red and the hedges are perfect touch. I'd love to know how you made the roof. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:16 pm 

Lynn wrote:
I love the red and the hedges are perfect touch. I'd love to know how you made the roof. :)

lynn...the roof is made up of five pieces...
a double layer of cardboard glued together then folded like a simple roof...there are two shingle panels (one each side)...with a folded cardboard cap down the top ridge...the reason for the two panels is that they were cut from one larger piece of cardboard that i heavily embossed with the corner edge tip of a small screwdriver to indicate individual slate-look shingles...a little sand in the primer and paint makes the roof look much more complicated than it actually is...

the smaller entry roof was made the same way...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:18 pm 

Thanks Howard :) I just love the shingles.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:31 pm 

love it all!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:52 pm 

Wauuu this house is amazing . Is somewhere a pattern to buy ? O I didn't see there is another paige. Thank you for pattern.

Last edited by Dusa on Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:29 pm 

Greetings to all...

Will see what can I do as far as a FREE pattern in a day or so. Gotta dig into my stack of old patterns and see what I can find...I’m certain I can post patterns for the major pieces...and you’ll find patterns that are adaptable from other house projects for the chimney, fence posts, trim, making the base, windows, etc...

Howard...